We need hair cuts from time to time. Regular haircuts are part of good grooming. It is ideal to get a haircut every 6 to 8 weeks. Good haircuts make both men and women stylish and confident about themselves. But what happens when you get a bad haircut? A Scottish survey revealed that 20 percent of people have had a really bad haircut. Research has also shown that up to 95 percent of these bad hairstyles are due to miscommunication and a lack of understanding between the client and the stylist.
Why bad haircuts happen
As mentioned, the most common cause of bad haircuts is the lack of communication between the client and the salon stylist. For whatever reason, one inch to you might be different for them. The most important thing is proper discussion and understanding with your stylist — in minute detail – prior to cutting your hair. Remember that your hairdresser is not a mind reader and things may be interpreted in a different way.
Failure to explain clearly what you like would often result in a bad haircut. If you are not too confident, you may ask your stylist to cut a little at a time so that it is not too short that you can’t live with the outcome. Be sure to also consider suggestions of your stylist and get options that match the shape of your face your hair type. If you have thick and straight hair, you shouldn’t opt for hairstyles that you saw on someone with blond, fine, curly hair.
How to Avoid Bad Haircuts
To avoid getting a bad haircut, it is best to have your haircut done by a professional stylist. It is never a good idea to cut your own hair. Also, don’t let a friend to cut your hair, unless your friend is a hair stylist or working for a hairdresser for quite some time and you have seen her creations on others.
Sometimes, you can get a bad haircut if you decide to have one when you are emotionally down. If you are having a bad week, never go out for a haircut since you might just go ahead and try a new style that might turn out to be disastrous in the end.
Trying out a new hairdresser whom you barely know is definitely not a good idea. Your adventure may turn out to be a misadventure. Be sure to get recommendations from reliable colleagues and friends. In case you do decide to try out a new hair stylist, get a trim on your first visit – not a completely new hair style to minimise the occurrence of a catastrophic haircut.
Now, if you decide to try out a new hairstyle, browse through several magazines or print out a hairstyle that you like. Discuss it with your stylist and get her honest opinion – will it suit you or not? A really good hair stylist should know which would fit your personality and your facial features. Your hairdresser should be able to follow your directions, know your style, but at the same time is not afraid to give you her unbiased view. You should also understand that not all hairstyles would be perfect for you and that the end result will not be exactly like the model’s hair. It would also depend on your hair texture and hair volume.
Solution to get the hair to grow back Superfast
If you’re a victim of a bad haircut, there are quick fixes that you may do. You can try to give yourself a few days to get used to your new look, no matter how hideous you think it may be. Who knows, you might grow to like it after a few days.
To cover up a bad haircut, girls can try to experiment with accessories such as head bands, clips, scarves, big bows, or hair jewels to redirect the focus from your ghastly hair to these pretty little things. You can also draw attention to your face by using a little more make up color.
If you have got shorter hair, applying good hair products like hair spray, gel, mousse and any other hair styling aid can add volume to the hair and keep hair where you want it to be. Another trick is to mess up the hair with the fingers. If all else fails, you could always wear scarves, hats, or wigs!
The good news is that bad haircuts are not permanent. Hair will definitely grow back, so with a little time and patience, you’ll get your normal hair back.
While waiting for your hair to grow longer, keep away from harsh chemical treatments like hair colours and perms as these would cause damage and hair breakage. Avoid excessive use of curling irons, straightening irons, and blow dryers as these can also hurt your hair. Use only mild shampoos and styling products so your hair can grow faster. Massaging the scalp also stimulates healthy hair growth. A healthy body equals healthier hair. Eat a balanced diet, drink lots of water, and take multivitamins.
Hair fiber length and shape is governed by many factors, including diet, which affects both the sebaceous glands and the nature of hair production, as well as the hormones, which also vary with sex, population, and activity. Most humans with straight hair experience head hair growth of about 16 cm to a maximum of 3 feet per year. However, hormonal changes that occur in the mid- to late twenties slow the growth of head hair, so that it begins to grow shorter and finer.(1)
Scalp hair grows at an average rate of 0.4 mm/day (approximately 0.5 in/month).(2)
But can you make your hair grow faster?
The right mix of amino acids acts as a complete regenerative treatment for the skin, hair and nails. Amino acids supply active vital substances that are essential for improving the hair quality. The right mix of amino acids acts as a complete regenerative treatment for the hair.(3)
NISIM, a Canadian company is the pioneer in the field of natural hair loss products. Their extensive research and development led to the development of hair growth acceleration products.
One of their best selling products is F.A.S.T. – Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy – Shampoo and Conditioner. F.A.S.T. works by feeding the hair with essential nutrients, amino acids, and proteins not found in regular shampoos. This special blend provides essential nutrition to hair, making hair grow as fast and as healthy as possible.
FAST is a scientific formula designed to penetrate the hair shaft quickly, allowing hair to grow at hyper-accelerated rates. The unique combination of natural ingredients provides the basis for the ultimate in quick hair growth.
Let us look at how these components can really make the hair grow faster.
F.A.S.T. Shampoo and Conditioner contain:
- Panthenol, the alcohol form of pantothenic acid, otherwise known as vitamin B5.Pantothenic acid, a B-vitamin, is essential for all mammalian species that have been studied. Humans and the different species develop various deficiency signs, such changes in hair and skin.(4) Pantothenic acid softens the hair and provides natural vitamin B5 for healthy hair growth.
- Inositol is a cyclic 6-carbon compound. Inositol is used by the body to complete the synthesis of certain phospholipids, important components of every cell membrane. Inositol encourages hair growth.
- Cystine and Cysteine have important roles in protein synthesis and to hair growth in the follicle. (5)
- Biotin is often recommended for strengthening hair and nails. Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. Consequently, it is found in many cosmetics and health products for the hair and skin.(6)
- Methionine, an essential amino acid, is a powerful anti oxidant. This amino acid is a good source of sulfur which helps in the prevention of hair disorders as well as skin and nail disorders.
- Methionine is the body’s primary source of sulfur. The body uses sulfur to influence hair follicles and promote healthy hair, skin, and nail growth.(7)
- Sulfur is present in amino acids such as methionine, an essential amino acid and the nonessential cystine and cysteine. Methionine, cystine, and cystein are found in both F.A.S.T. Shampoo and Conditioner, providing a liberal amount of sulfur to the hair.
- Sulfur is necessary for the maintenance of the healthy hair (as well as skin and nails), helping to give strength, shape, and resistance. Problems of the skin or hair have been treated with additional sulfur-containing compounds.(8)
- Tocopheryl Acetate, also known as vitamin E acetate, is a common vitamin supplement. It is believed that the acetate is slowly hydrolyzed once it is absorbed, regenerating tocopherol and providing protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. (9) The skin is protected against the harmful effects of sunlight after topical application of vitamin E acetate (tocopheryl acetate).(10) F.A.S.T. Conditioner contains tocopheryl acetate that help protect the hair and scalp from harmful UV rays of the sun, thus minimising damage to promote healthy hair growth.
- Aloe Barbadensis or aloe vera extract found in F.A.S.T. Conditioner is a good moisturiser for the scalp and hair follicles. Aloe vera activates new hair growth by improving the circulation at the roots. Natural oils and those from hair products can cause oil buildup that may contribute to slower hair growth since these block the pores and prevent nourishment from reaching the hair roots. Aloe removes the buildup of excess sebum or oils on the scalp, encouraging hair growth.
- Another component of F.A.S.T. is Camellia Sinensis, also known as tea seed oil. This has long been used in Asia to nourish and moisturise the hair and also widely used a natural anti-aging product.
- Green tea is made from the dried leaves of Camellia sinensis , a perennial evergreen shrub. Green tea has a long history of use, dating back to China approximately 5,000 years ago.(11) Catechins found in Camelia sinensis are said to cause vasorelaxation, which means better circulation that benefits the scalp for faster hair growth. Green tea also has antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- F.A.S.T. also contains Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein and Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch. These provide natural moisturising and conditioning effects to the hair and scalp. Hydrolyzed Protein is protein that has been hydrolyzed or broken down into its component amino acids. There are several types of hair conditioner ingredients, differing in composition and functionality. Reconstructors, usually containing hydrolyzed protein, penetrate the hair and strengthen its structure through polymer crosslinking. (12) Hydrolysed wheat protein has low molecular weight so it easily penetrates the hair shaft. This in turn gives shine and gloss to dull hair. It strengthens damaged hair and makes it softer and more manageable.
All these natural ingredients and essential amino acids are combined in one breakthrough product. F.A.S.T. almost doubles the normal hair growth rate so surviving bad haircuts will be easier. Longer hair is easy to accomplish. It is really possible to make your hair grow faster with F.A.S.T. Shampoo and Conditioner.
Since F.A.S.T is herbal based, it is mild enough to use even on children’s hair. It can be used on all hair types by both men and women, even on colour treated or permed hair. This shampoo and conditioner system works in combination guaranteed to grow your hair as FAST as possible – up to 99% faster, to outgrow that bad haircut faster.
References: (1) http://bss.sfsu.edu/anthro/Class%20Documents/hairncald.pdf, (2) http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/837994-overview, (3) http://www.aminoacid-studies.com, (4) The Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, (5) Powell, BC, Rogers, GE, Journal of Investigative Journalism, (6) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin, (7) http://www.healthnews.com, (8) http://www.healthy.net, (9) www.wikipedia.org, (10) http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7472802, (11) www.wikipedia.org, (12) www.wikipedia.org