While we are young our growth hormones are on the offensive – slow hair growth is something young people almost never have to worry about. However, as we get older, and particularly after age 40, these hormones slow down considerably.
Healthy hair growth is a goal that many of us strive for, but not many of us fully understand. To begin with, we need to understand why it happens –
Recurring breakage and slow hair growth is an unfortunate tragedy that many of us will face at some point in our lives. Aging follicles, hormonal imbalances and genetics all play a part in this process, but there is still good news. If you vary your lifestyle in specific ways, you can work to ensure your hair continues growing thick and strong.
If your slow hair growth is purely due to your genetics then there is unfortunately not much that can be done. However, if it is the effect of a multitude of other factors, there are ways in which to counteract it.
- Getting older means a slowing of your metabolism and a greater overall amount of energy your body needs in order to function as it once did in its youth. Bearing this in mind, it is imperative that your diet consists of healthy vitamins and minerals including Biotin, iron, calcium etc.
- Avoid drinking and smoking! Particularly the latter as it adds nasty carcinogens to your bloodstream which will debilitate not only your chances of healthy hair growth, but your overall health in general.
- Supplement your lifestyle with the FAST shampoo and conditioner to stimulate healthy hair growth safely and effectively. We use natural vitamins and amino acids in our formula to ensure that slow hair growth is counteracted.
- Avoid adding any type of chemicals to your hair that aren’t ensured to be safe. These could damage your hair follicles and reduce your chance of healthy hair growth dramatically.
- Try and stay calm! The cliche of ‘being so stressed your hair falls out’ has a certain degree of truth to it. Multiple studies have linked stress levels with hair growth and the rate of hair growth.
- Take multivitamins to supplement those essential vitamins and minerals that you may be finding hard to get through your normal diet.
Remember that no matter how old you are it is never too late to begin taking care of your body. It is indeed somewhat of a lengthy process that requires both discipline and time, but if you truly are committed to seeing healthy hair growth then it is well worth the effort.
Be sure to share this link and add your own comments or techniques that you use to ensure healthy hair growth in the later stages of life.